Our Local Communities
The Company’s employees primarily live in the surrounding communities of Moab, Blanding, Monticello, Dove Creek and outlying Four Corners communities. Lisbon Valley Mining Company takes pride in its dedicated workforce and the economic activity its employment creates in the region. The Company is committed to giving back and engaging with local communities.
Lisbon Valley Mining Company takes pride in serving the community through:
- Educational visits to local schools
- Summer internships for college students
- Youth and school educational site tours
- The Ambassador Program, in conjunction with Utah Mining Association, provides education to 4th graders to help make the connection between mining and how metals support daily economic activity and sources of renewable energy
- Support for local youth athletic teams and leagues
- Outreach to outlying communities in Four Corners region
- Use of local vendors whenever possible
- April 2022, Grand County High School Career Week.
- May 2022, Donated to and attended La Sal Fire Department Dynamite Shoot.
- June 2022, Four-Wheeler Raffle Fundraiser for Murphy Fire Victims.
- July 2022, Sponsored KCYN Radio firework musical accompaniment.
- September 2022, Hosted the Paradox Basin Economic Hydrogeology Symposium.
- September 2022, Hosted USU for a mine tour
- September 2022, Hosted Cortez Middle School science class tours.