Our Local Communities
The Company’s employees primarily live in the surrounding communities of Moab, Blanding, Monticello, Dove Creek and outlying Four Corners communities. Lisbon Valley Mining Company takes pride in its dedicated workforce and the economic activity its employment creates in the region. The Company is committed to giving back and engaging with local communities.
Lisbon Valley Mining Company takes pride in serving the community through:
- Educational visits to local schools
- Summer internships for college students
- Youth and school educational site tours
- The Ambassador Program, in conjunction with Utah Mining Association, provides education to 4th graders to help make the connection between mining and how metals support daily economic activity and sources of renewable energy
- Support for local youth athletic teams and leagues
- Outreach to outlying communities in Four Corners region
- Use of local vendors whenever possible
- 2/7/2022, Albert R. Lyman Middle School Career Fair in Blanding, UT.
- 2/19/2022, Attended Dinner Fundraiser for the La Sal Fire Department.
- 3/2/2022, Monticello Middle School Presentation on Careers in Mines.
- 3/8/2022, Albert R. Lyman Middle School Mine Tour for Natural Resources Unit.
- 4/4/2022, Grand County High School Career Week.